I purchased this Orient ER24005W Bambino a couple years back and I decided to do a review because of the positive compliments I received from my review on the Daniel Wellington. I must once again provide a disclaimer that I am definitely an amateur and have almost no idea what I am talking about. I am simply speaking from a subjective point of view and am always open to new ideas and suggestions.
Pros and Cons of the Orient ER24005W
Once again due to my nature I will always read extensively on a watch prior to the purchase. Almost every single post on popular watch forums rave about the brand Orient and often compare it to Daniel Wellington. I definitely see why the comparison is made because they are both of minimal and timeless design.
- Very similar to my taste/style.
- Alligator Leather, I feel like a king of sorts – the ideal dress watch.
- Price – It’s tough to find high quality automatics in this range, but a simple search on Google will do the trick.
- The watch, very much like the DW – is slim, light and sits very nicely on my wrist. Something you forget is even there.
- Only problem I can possible have would be the rotor when I’m sleeping – the rotor is really quite loud but you can even argue that it gives it ‘character’. My only other comparison(I don’t have many watches) is the Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic and that one is quite silent.
I must say even though I am a huge fan of the Daniel Wellington design the Orient ER24005W completely blows it out of the water. Purchasing this watch is a complete no-brainer to me, it is completely affordable, of simple design and very comfortable. I am so glad I did proper research(unlike the Daniel Wellington one), this watch will hopefully last me a couple decades and will be part of my essentials.
If anyone were to ask me to recommend them a proper automatic dress watch – I will point them to this Orient ER24005W review.
You can find the watch on Amazon and it is almost always on sale:
or find other Orient Watches as well(which I absolutely love).