Struggling to find the strike-through shortcut key in Excel? Time to make your life easier! You can quickly add a strikethrough line to your text using this simple keyboard shortcut, saving you time and effort.
Excel Keyboard Shortcut Basics
Master Excel keyboard shortcuts? It’s easy! First, understand the basics. Format and edit your spreadsheets quickly? You need to know the essential keyboard shortcuts. As part of Excel Keyboard Shortcut Basics, let’s focus on strikethrough feature. Know the most used shortcut keys for strikethrough! Windows or Mac? Without interrupting your workflow, discover the shortcut keys!
Image credits: chouprojects.com by Joel Arnold
Shortcut for Strikethrough on Windows
Strikethrough is a useful feature for indicating deleted text in Excel. Here’s how to use the shortcut on Windows:
- First, select the cell or cells you want to apply the Strikethrough format to.
- Next, press Ctrl + 5 on your keyboard. This will immediately apply the Strikethrough format to your selection.
- If you want to remove the Strikethrough format at any point, simply repeat step 2 to toggle it off.
It’s worth noting that this keyboard shortcut also works in other Microsoft Office applications, such as Word and PowerPoint.
Using the Strikethrough feature saves time and makes it easier to visually differentiate between new and old information in your Excel sheets.
Make sure you’re not missing out on this quick and simple shortcut for formatting text in Excel. Start using it today!
Give your words some impact and strike through the unnecessary with this Mac shortcut!
Shortcut for Strikethrough on Mac
To strike out text in Excel on Mac, here’s the shortcut you can use.
Follow these 6 simple steps to use the shortcut for strikethrough on your Mac:
- Select the cell or cells where you want to apply the strikethrough format
- Press ‘Command’ + ‘Shift’ + ‘X’
- The selected text should now be struck through
- If you’d like to remove it, simply follow the same steps again.
- This shortcut is applicable across all versions of Excel on Mac.
- If you tend to use this often, it may be wise to use a keyboard with a built-in numeric keypad, which will make it much easier and faster could help increase productivity.
It usually takes less than a second to remove or add strikethrough formatting using this shortcut.
Pro tip: Memorizing all essential shortcuts improves your speed and efficiency when using Excel, so why not take some time out of your day to learn them?
Excel keyboard shortcuts are the secret to success – unless you’re still using a typewriter.
Advanced Tips for Excel Keyboard Shortcuts
Want to get better at using advanced Excel keyboard shortcuts? Then you need to know more than the basics. This ‘Advanced Tips for Excel Keyboard Shortcuts’ section will help you! It’ll show you how to customize shortcuts and use ribbon shortcuts. Plus, it will give you solutions to make your Excel experience smoother and help boost your productivity.
Image credits: chouprojects.com by Joel Jones
Customizing Keyboard Shortcuts
The process of adapting keyboard shortcuts in Excel can help you become more efficient. With this approach, you can modify the way you work on Excel and increase your productivity.
Here’s a 3-step guide to customizing keyboard shortcuts:
- 1. click the ‘File’ button and choose the ‘Options’ tab.
- 2. select ‘Customize Ribbon’ and then click on the button titled ‘Keyboard Shortcuts.’
- Finally, reassign an existing shortcut or create a new one by selecting a specific command and typing in your preferred keyboard shortcut.
It’s important to note that while modifying shortcuts can seem overwhelming at first, it has long-term benefits like increasing efficiency.
Did you know that customizing shortcuts for strikethrough is one of the advanced tips? By pressing CTRL+5 keys together can save time instead of manually formatting text as struck through.
Don’t miss out on optimizing your Excel knowledge! Take this opportunity to customize useful shortcuts that will no doubt lead to tailoring an efficient workflow — whether it’s for personal use or business purposes.
Who needs a gym membership when you can just hit the Alt key and workout those finger muscles with Excel Ribbon shortcuts?
Using Ribbon Shortcuts
Making use of the Intelligent GUI shortcuts in Microsoft Excel will not only boost your productivity but also help you work more efficiently. Here’s how you can harness the potential of advanced keyboard shortcuts using ribbon commands:
- Press and hold the Alt key to view mnemonic characters on the ribbon interface.
- Release the Alt key once you have identified the command you want to use, then press the corresponding mnemonic character shown for that command.
- Use the arrow keys to navigate through different cells in Excel.
- To save time, consider creating a custom ribbon tab with frequently used commands.
As you upskill and become more proficient in using Excel, consider adding shortcuts beyond basic computer skills like familiarising with Ribbon Shortcuts; your learning and growth remain essential for optimal productivity levels.
When I first started out as an analyst, I had no idea about MS Excel’s intelligent GUI shortcuts. However, one day during a time-critical deadline, I stumbled upon them while trying to figure out what made my coworkers so efficient at Excel navigation. Once I mastered these commands, I was able to complete my tasks more quickly than ever before without compromising on quality!
FAQs about Excel Keyboard Shortcut For Strikethrough
What is the Excel keyboard shortcut for strikethrough?
The Excel keyboard shortcut for strikethrough is “Ctrl” + “5” on Windows or “Command” + “Shift” + “X” on Mac. This will apply or remove strikethrough formatting to selected cells or text.
Can I customize the Excel keyboard shortcut for strikethrough?
Unfortunately, the Excel keyboard shortcut for strikethrough cannot be customized. However, you can assign a different keyboard shortcut to a custom macro that applies strikethrough formatting.
What versions of Excel support the keyboard shortcut for strikethrough?
The keyboard shortcut for strikethrough is supported in most versions of Excel, including Excel 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019, and Office 365.
Why is the Excel keyboard shortcut for strikethrough not working?
If the Excel keyboard shortcut for strikethrough is not working, ensure that the selected cells or text are formatted as text. Additionally, the keyboard shortcut may not work if a different add-in or program is using the same shortcut.
Can I use the Excel keyboard shortcut for strikethrough on a Mac?
Yes, you can use the Excel keyboard shortcut for strikethrough on a Mac by pressing “Command” + “Shift” + “X”.
How do I remove strikethrough formatting in Excel?
To remove strikethrough formatting in Excel, select the cells or text with the formatting, and press the keyboard shortcut “Ctrl” + “5” on Windows or “Command” + “Shift” + “X” on Mac to remove the strikethrough formatting.