Has this couple been making a splash lately?
They are dropping bombs on YouTube and Facebook these days.
And you will probably check if adding them to their 2021 course is a good option.
Today I'm showing you KT's course in detail, going balls to the wall on her entire training, from her 14 days nine university boot camp to her FB ads mini-course.
Oh, and by the way, I would go AWOL as a course instructor if I didn't cover the elephants in the room:
- How does nine University's FBA compare to other FBA training?
- How much does the university cost?
So what can you expect after you buy the course and get your nine university sign-up information?
Length: 16+ hours
Content: Excellent foundation for getting started with Amazon
Price: $1,997, 00 USD (**As of May 2020, funding no longer available**).
Boost Nine Review-The FBA Product Research Software from K & T.
These two guys are the generals who have commanded the Nine University brand since 2017.
Kyle and Taylor began by teaching FBA. Most people will be happy with that, but not these men.
They also decided to raise the nine flag in the internet software space with the launch of Boost Nine.
So, how about this? Is Boost Nine legitimate?
- Introductory Welcome Module
- What's the point of keeping score?
- Week 1: The bedrock of FBA.
- Week 2: Scoping in a 7-digit product.
- The Difficult Step: Product Selection
- Week 3: Partnering with an Elite Supplier
- Advanced tip
- Week 4: Shipping to Amazon FC with no problems (plus paying for product orders).
- Week 5: Creating an Auto-Sales List
- Week 6: Making your product yours
- Week 7: Elite Level PPC Product Launch + Bots.
- Facebook Ads Mini-Course
- What is the refund policy at Nine University?
- Pros and cons
- Final Thoughts
This shows how many of the top 10 product search results generate revenue of more than $5k per month (usually, if you don't see at least a seven here, the product is in low demand, so give it a start)
Shows how many of these first ten items have less than 75 reviews (the rule here is if there are seven or more, it will be pretty easy for you to jump in and start selling)
Why you should have high expectations for University
Nine University has enjoyed mentions from some major media outlets like Forbes and Markets Insider are two of the most well-known financial publications. Personally, I believe I should have high hopes for this class. But, as with anything, I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who are moaning about Nine University just as much as you have some people singing praises.
The KT Nine University 2.0 learning program will prepare you how to get all of your ducks in a row (consumer shipping, warehousing, PPC campaign, etc.) so you can run your own Amazon FBA company.
- Through this course, you will be shown:
- Nine courses at a glance
- An overview of how the FBA sales system works.
- Profitable product selection (and boost), K&T's proprietary SaaS).
- Connecting with an elite-level provider (reliability is key).
- How to move your product to Amazon (transportation logistics).
- Optimizing an Amazon product list that attracts buyers like Dysons.
- Make your item the most famous in your Amazon category.
- Mechanizing your development and automating your PPC product launch.
- How to use Facebook ads to push more traffic
- Nine courses of study at a glance
- 14-Day Bootcamp
You're now in the FBA army. Is it everything the draft man said it would be?
Or will you get lost in the sauce like this guy?
KT Nine's 2-week Bootcamp is a little basic training for future Amazon sellers. If you want to pass, you need to demonstrate:
- Bootcamp results
- An extremely high motivation
- The super clear vision of your goals and dreams (+ how to get there as quickly as possible).
- A complete understanding of Amazon FBA's profitable product selection process.
- Actual potential products you can sell (these products have 6 figure potential).
- You have decided on a brand name and logo (and started the startup process).
- You've decided on your product and are negotiating prices with your elite supplier.
So there you have it. Your Nine University Bootcamp login will unlock the exact tools you need to get you in shape and help you prepare to launch your Amazon business.
Kale provides a written summary of the content of each video for easy reference.
Total video time: 3 hours
Introductory Welcome Module
You're about to go head to head with the other KT Nine students, so hope you're competitive.
KT breaks down FBA from the beginning of the course, making it quick for you.
Kale invites FBA newbies to "lock and load" to be #1 near the end of this brief introduction.
There's a KT Family Sales Scoreboard in picture, but he's not joking.
The scoreboard is one of the nine University's most distinctive features (but serves a similar purpose as the Amazing Selling Machine "badge" system).
What's the point of keeping score?
It is a good sign when an instructor goes the extra mile to get their students to work harder and be more successful. While some people may not like the whole idea of keeping score, I can see it being beneficial.
Total time: 37 minutes
Week 1: The bedrock of FBA.
Then KT takes you right into the trenches.
Kale and Taylor talk about business licensing. They bring in pros from the UK and the US.
Kale and Taylor explain how to set up your LLC in the US and set up the LLC equivalent in the UK.
Next, they go the average course route:
Seller Central Walk-through?
Amazon seller app set up?
Finally, they go over the two ways to get a business license.
Note: Probably most helpful in helping sellers outside the US fill out the Employer Identification Number (EIN) SS-4 forms required by Amazon.
Video time: 1 hour 16 minutes.
Week 2: Scoping in a 7-digit product.
How do Kale and Taylor find great products that sell?
They include deep training on two tools:
- Product Scoping Tools
- Boost Nine (K & T handle this training).
- Helium 10 (Bradley Sutton handles this training).
Since Boost Nine uses its own software as a service tool, Kale shows how its best practices.
The Difficult Step: Product Selection
Kale devotes an entire video to explain why it's the product selection section where most would-be Amazon sellers screw up, give up, or over-analyze.
Kale is a no-nonsense guy. And he says right here that it doesn't help you to complain about the difficulty of product selection, it's just something that needs to be done thoroughly and properly.
Current Course Update:
- Kale has completely overhauled the Product Selection section, as this is the part that most Amazon FBA courses don't keep up with.
- Added sections
- More research techniques
- Prohibited products list (breakables, seasonal, etc.).
Overall, Kale and Taylor, with assistance from Bradley Sutton of Helium 10, provide a thorough training module on Amazon FBA product selection.
Total Time: 3 hours and 36 minutes
Week 3: Partnering with an Elite Supplier
In the 18 video lessons presented in the 3rd week of training, K & T shows you how to complete these eight tasks:
- Find the same supplier as your competition.
- Figure out how many suppliers to contact
- How to Talk to suppliers
- Choosing what type of shipping to select when you start out
- The ins and outs of samples
- Using 1688 in your negotiations
- Product packaging and where to design it
- Why making a product insert is always a smart business decision.
So, at this point during the course, you've established some goods that you'd like to market, and all you have to do now is find a manufacturer to produce them.
It's best to obey the maxim when it comes to Amazon FBA:
"Don't patch what isn't broken."
They advise using the same supplier as your rivals so you can be sure you'll get at least the same standard of quality.
If you then optimize the final appearance or features of your item (the best way to learn this is to read what buyers complain about in reviews), you can outperform your competition and sell more items because you're giving customers what they really want.
K&T encourages you to use Alibaba (which may or may not be the best move given that COVID-19 has made everything much more complicated), but they walk you through using the Jack Ma platform and add the right filters to ensure you're looking at products provided by reputable vendors.
One of the helpful pieces of advice Kale Drops gives is when contacting suppliers; make sure to ask for both unit price and shipping price when getting price estimates.
Video Time: 1 hr,13 mins
Week 4: Shipping to Amazon FC with no problems (plus paying for product orders).
The 15 videos that makeup Week 4 are full of tips to help you iron out the wrinkles that occur between the time your product completes the manufacturing process and arrives in stock at an Amazon fulfillment center.
- The topics covered by KT in this section are:
- Selecting the shipping method that is appropriate for your product.
- Retrieving your FNSKU labels from your Seller Central account.
- Instructing your supplier to properly label the item
- Sealing in the quality of your products
- Shipping to Amazon nationally and internationally
- Using product inspections and carriers
- Sending payments to your supplier
- Resolving quality issues remotely.
Week 4's topics show the complexity of selling on Amazon, as sellers need to track where their shipments are, ensure their products are inspected, labeled correctly, and delivered to the correct Amazon location, in addition to monitoring the ranking position of their listings.
In your business, it's crucial to pay close attention to the smallest information. Kale spends an entire video in this segment of the training stressing the importance of repeating to the manufacturer of your goods that the package must be well sealed and securely locked. Otherwise, when being pushed around an Amazon fulfillment center, the product might very well fall out of the box.
One of the critical distinctions you need to know if you want to sell on Amazon is the difference between a Universal Product Code (UPC) and an Amazon Exclusive Barcode System (FNSKU) barcode.
Taylor runs through a thorough guide on how to get FNSKU codes from Amazon Seller Central so you can send them to your manufacturer to place on each product unit.
Finally, Kale and Taylor offer guidance about how to ship to Amazon fulfillment centers from both domestic and foreign locations.
Only the best Amazon courses have this useful feature.
Video time: 46 mins
Week 5: Creating an Auto-Sales List
In Week 5, Kale and Taylor show you how to create a fully integrated and optimized listing, either with your own sweat equity or by using their done-for-you services (Honey Badger).
Here are the specific topics K&T covers:
- How to outsource the production of your listings
- How to make the most of Amazon to boost your listing
- How to use Seller Software to boost your product listing
- Use Helium 10's Scribbles & Frankenstein tools to improve your listing (part edited by Bradley Sutton)
- Search for keywords with Helium10 Cerebro & Magnet (again guest-edited with Bradley Sutton).
- Make the most of your title, bullets, definition, and backend keywords (aka make the most of any available space) while considering the crucial Launch Opportunity Score (and what it means for your listing).
- Making the listing more appealing to Spanish-speaking minorities.
- Getting rid of list hijackers (once & for all).
In this week's training, K&T showcases its partnership with Helium 10, as this is the University's section on keyword research.
In addition, Kale includes a mini-series of videos on a variety of hacks that he says "may or may not work for you."
One of those hacks is the canonical URL (also known as the super URL), which is considered a black-hat technique in SEO terms because it covers the gamut of Amazon's TOS (terms of service).
The issue I have with Kale's presentation of this hack is that he doesn't explain how using this method could get the Seller into trouble with Amazon, potentially resulting in their product listing being penalized or their account being suspended (the horror stories are out there).
It's akin (at least in my mind) to a doctor claiming that a medication is available but not disclosing the drug's dangers.
However, when Kale discusses another hack, he acknowledges that it is not compliant with Amazon's TOS, but downplays the problem, claiming that using it is not a big deal in his experience.
I like knowing the risks I encounter, and Kale's explanation doesn't really cut it, in my opinion.
Video time: 2 hrs, 28 mins
Week 6: Making your product yours
In Week 6, Kale and Taylor discuss product photography and how to get the most out of each picture using a number of optimization techniques, such as using infographics that illustrate the product's benefits in image form.
Here's the full list of topics they'll cover in Week 6 of Nine University:
- The lightning-fast way to dominate with photography.
- The top 3 types of photos you need to include in your entry.
- How to get your studio and lifestyle photos easily
- How to create infographics super easily
- Implementing the story picture strategy
- How do you stand out from the crowd with your pictures?
- Boost your rankings with specially optimized photos
This is what you are aiming for:
- The main image is the thumbnail that grabs your customers' attention.
- The infographic provides a visual explanation of your product's features.
- The lifestyle picture illustrates how people use your product in their daily lives.
Kale provides some more hacks near the end of this week's training. Both of the methods he recommends are unnecessary this time, and he has no problems with Amazon's terms of service.
Amazon SEO Guide Video Time: 35 mins
Week 7: Elite Level PPC Product Launch + Bots.
Near the top of the course, in Week 7, Kale and Taylor cover how to launch your private label product with Amazon PPC (aka "Amazon Sponsored Ads.").
They include a helpful PPC campaign checklist that clearly lays out what needs to be completed at each stage of the launch process.
KT Nine also covers these eight topics:
- PPC checklist explained
- How to snag ASIN's like there's no tomorrow
- Using Seller.PPC campaign tools
- Implementing viral start keyword research
- Starting an Amazon Sponsored ads auto campaign
- Optimizing your campaigns with Teikametrics
- Adding Spanish keywords to increase sales
- Clone your auto campaigns
There was a PPC Tools Kale introduced that I hadn't actually heard of (which rarely happens.). Known as Teikametrics.
This platform as a service can switch high-performing keywords from an auto to a physical campaign automatically. It can also identify terms as negative keywords (those that demand ad spend but don't result in sales) and exclude them from Amazon supported campaigns.
Video time: 1 hour and 44 minutes
Facebook Ads Mini-Course
This mini bonus course shows you how to integrate Facebook PPC into Amazon FBA; Kale and Taylor show the ins and outs of tactics and best practices to implement with Facebook ads to grow your private label business on Amazon.
- Why Facebook ads are effective
- Launching an Amazon product with Facebook ads.
- Collecting product reviews with ManyChat - and FB ads.
- How to increase reviews exponentially.
- Using Facebook to set up pixels, retargeting, and ROI monitoring.
- Using Facebook PPC to boost your sales
Kale runs through a complete tutorial on setting up a Facebook ad to promote Amazon product coupon codes and shows the appropriate buttons, including the infamous "limit-your-number-of-codes" checkbox that many FBA-ers, including Kevin David, have made the mistake of not checking, and sold a boatload of inventory at a big discount.
This mini-course proves Kale's skills on both Amazon FBA and Facebook, revealing his high proficiency in pay-per-click advertising.
Video Time: 1 hr and 18 mins
What is the refund policy at Nine University?
Customers who meet such conditions are entitled to a full refund within ten days, according to their terms of service.
Before buying the course, you should make certain that you are acquainted with all of them.
Pros and cons
The good and the bad of the University
- Cover basics and many important nuggets to stand out (i.e., ways to highlight product images).
- Facebook mini-course demonstrates product launch strategies.
- Helpful, quick start boot camp (outlines FBA process & has daily action steps).
- FB Support Group (with lots of upsells).
- Upsells galore
- Not much support
- Only teach sourcing from China (limited options during Covid-19).
- No evidence of Kale and Taylor owned sales.
1. Do Kale Abe and Taylor Hiott have the experience?
Being successful FBA merchants on Amazon themselves, Kale and Taylor definitely have the resumes to provide instruction on the Amazon Internet business model.
2, Is Nine University a legitimate course?
Since they have kept the course updated by adding additional video content from time to time, their course remained current in 2020.
3. What could be easily improved?
Add section on training virtual assistants to increase Amazon FBA passivity.