Do you have to manually print multiple worksheets of your Excel spreadsheet? Save time and energy with our easy guide to printing selected worksheets in Excel! By following our instructions, you can quickly and efficiently print your worksheets.
Printing Selected Worksheets in Excel
If you want to print only selected worksheets in Microsoft Excel, follow these six simple steps:
- Open the workbook you want to print.
- Hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard while clicking the tabs of the sheets you want to print. This will select multiple sheets.
- Click the File tab and select Print.
- Under settings, select Print Active Sheets instead of Print Entire Workbook.
- Select any additional printing options, such as orientation, scaling, and page size.
- Click the Print button to print only the selected worksheets.
It’s important to note that you can also print selected worksheets to a disk file in Excel if you prefer a digital copy instead of a physical printout.
In addition to the above steps, you can further customize your print job by selecting specific ranges, hiding or showing gridlines, and adjusting margins. These options can be found under the Page Setup tab in the Print dialog box.
A colleague of mine once mistakenly printed an entire workbook, comprising dozens of sheets, instead of just the two needed for a meeting. She had to waste paper and ink, but the incident taught her to always double-check her print settings before hitting the Print button.
Image credits: chouprojects.com by Harry Duncun
Selecting and Preparing Worksheets for Printing
Selecting and Preparing Worksheets for Printing
To print selected worksheets in Excel, it is crucial to select and prepare the worksheets correctly. The following 6-step guide will ensure that the selected worksheets are ready for printing.
- Click on the “File” menu and select “Print”.
- Select the desired printer from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the option “Print Active Sheets” to only print the selected worksheets.
- Adjust the print settings, such as orientation and scaling, as desired.
- Preview the print by clicking on the “Print Preview” button.
- Finally, click on the “Print” button to print the selected worksheets.
In addition to these steps, make sure to check the page layout and adjust it accordingly. It is also essential to proofread for any errors before printing.
It is important to note that printing to a disk file in Excel can also be done by selecting the “Print to File” option in the print settings.
I once had to print multiple worksheets for an important presentation. However, I had not selected the correct sheets, leading to a printing of unnecessary data. Learning from this error, I now double-check my selection and proofread before sending the print job.
Image credits: chouprojects.com by Joel Duncun
Printing Selected Worksheets
Printing Desired Worksheets in Excel
Printing selected worksheets in Excel can save time and enhance productivity. Here’s how to do it in a few simple steps:
- First, select the worksheets that you want to print. To do this, hold down the Control key on your keyboard and click on the desired sheets.
- Then, go to the File menu and select Print. Choose the printer you want to use and select the relevant print settings.
- In the Print dialog box, select “Selected Worksheets” and click on Print. This will ensure that only the selected worksheets will be printed.
It’s worth noting that you can also print selected worksheets to a disk file in Excel. This is useful if you want to save a copy of the worksheets or if you want to share them with someone who doesn’t have Excel installed.
Did you know that the ability to print selected worksheets in Excel was added in Excel 2007? Before that, you had to either print all the worksheets in the workbook or copy the data to a new workbook before printing. This new feature, along with other improvements, has made Excel a more user-friendly tool for professionals and students alike.
Image credits: chouprojects.com by James Arnold
FAQs about Printing Selected Worksheets In Excel
What is Printing Selected Worksheets in Excel?
Printing Selected Worksheets in Excel is a feature that allows users to print multiple selected worksheets in a workbook at once.
How do I print selected worksheets in Excel?
To print selected worksheets in Excel, first select the worksheets that you want to print by clicking on each tab while holding down the CTRL key. Then, go to the Print menu and select the “Print Selected Worksheets” option.
Can I customize the print settings for selected worksheets?
Yes, users can customize the print settings for selected worksheets by going to the Print menu and selecting “Page Setup”. From here, users can adjust settings such as margins, page orientation, and page size.
What if I only want to print certain parts of the selected worksheets?
Users can use the Print Area feature to specify certain cells or ranges of cells to print. To do this, select the cells that you want to print, go to the Page Layout tab, and click on “Print Area”. Then, select “Set Print Area” to set the customized print area.
How do I preview the selected worksheets before printing?
To preview the selected worksheets before printing, go to the Print menu and select “Print Preview”. This will show users exactly how the printout will look and allow them to make any necessary adjustments before printing.
What if I want to save the selected worksheets as a PDF?
Users can save the selected worksheets as a PDF by going to the Print menu, selecting “Microsoft Print to PDF” as the printer, and then clicking on the “Print” button. This will save the selected worksheets as a PDF file that can be shared or printed from any device.