Firstly, I would like to thank you for dropping by my site, check out my other reviews if you have time! Since I loved my Seiko SGEG74P2 so much I decided to try my luck on a second quartz(kinetic) watch. If you have not noticed this watch doesn’t come with a leather strap – I tried venturing out of my comfort zone with this one. Shoot me an email if you have any suggestions on my next timepiece.
Seiko SKA605 Specs
Brand – Seiko
Part Number – SKA605
Material – Black Ion-Plated Stainless Steel
Diameter – 42
Thickness – 10.5
Movement – Kinetic, for those who don’t know that just means automatic quartz.
Pros and Cons
So my first impressions weren’t as good as my previous Seiko. I must say I am a bit disappointed. With that said I believe I will not return it as it is still a good watch for the price.
Here are some +’s and -‘s:
- Minimal and timeless, I won’t venture far from this.
- Cheap, or rather cheap for an automatic quartz watch.
- Large and clear markings for the minutes, very easy to read.
- Watch face was a bit smaller, perfect for my wrist.
- Unique link design for easy adjustment, check Youtube!
- Seiko SKA605 is very loud, this was one of the biggest flaws for me. I hear it every time I move – unlike other kinetics.
- Links feel cheap, another big one for me.
This watch just isn’t up to my standards for Seiko – my family has been wearing their watches for decades. I constantly have to remind myself that it is pretty good for the price. The Seiko SKA605 is by no means worth the retail of $400, but I would buy it again for $120.
If you’re into fashion watches, you can also check out: emporio armani watches
This lightweight wristwatch can definitely squeeze its way into my wardrobe, but it will not be for everyone. Just keep this in mind when looking to buy it. It is an Amazon exclusive, and it may not be available for long.
You can check it out other Seiko watches of similar style, or you can just buy this one here: